Sunday 28 September 2014

Vegan guava tart

Hello my sweeties!How are you?Well let's talk about this babie, I had some guavas in the fridge and I was thinking what can I do with them. So I was in the website from Bela Gil, if you do know her you must. She's  daughter of the great singer of brasillian popular music(MPB) Gilberto Gil and she's very popular in Brasil. She made a Guava Pie so I adapted a little bit because she made the filling with walnuts, but I think that nuts leave some taste and sometimes is not cool.
I'm sorry I made the tart and I don't take one single photo while I was making,but the results are pretty good. The only demage of this tart it's when you take off of the freezer you need to eat quickly, because the base got soft after put it back in the fridge the leftover tart. If you want to make the base gluten free or you don't to make you base soft: 1) You can make your base with soaked nuts and coconut oil  2)you can make a normal base but using gluten free flour instated.

The recipe make 6-8 medium slices.

For the base:
2 cups of rolled oats
2 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp of chia seeds
3 tbsp of oil (coconut,canola)
1 tspn of water

For the filling:
2 guavas
1/2 tbsp agar agar
1 cup of plant based yogurt
1/2 cup of sugar (I used demerara sugar)
1 cup of water


For the base:
In a food processor or blender, put the oats and crush until you get a fine dust. Then mix the remaining ingredients until you get a crumbly texture.Place in a pan with false bottom and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges become golden and brown.

For the filling:
Dilsove the agar agar and the sugar in the water and bring to boil fot 2-3 minutes. Blend the guavas until gets smooth and add the agar agar mixture, combine the yogurt and mix everything together.
Put the mix in the crust and leave 30 minutes to 1 hour in the freezer. Enjoy!

Have a great day
Victória

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Eat Drink and Sing Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger